St Mary the Virgin, Riddlesden
The church itself was built in 1847 as a daughter church of St Luke’s, East Morton. In 1874 the curate responsible for the church became its first vicar, and in 1851 it was consecrated as a church in its own right.
Originally the area was known as Morton Banks – a name which appears on a number of the memorials in the churchyard, but this was superseded by the name Riddlesden, probably due to the fact that the church was built on land then owned by West Riddlesden Hall.
1st November 2015, the church rejoined St Luke’s as it became the United Benefice of East Morton and Riddlesden.