If you would like to be married, have your marriage blessed or renew your wedding vows at St. Mary’s, please contact the Vicar, Tony Walker, who will be happy to talk through the different options with you. He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of people marry in their own local church, but some people like to marry in a church away from where they live because it has special significance for them through family or other connections. The new Marriage Measure has now opened up the possibility of being married in this church even if you don’t live here, if either of you can show just one of the seven connections with the parish listed below.
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
In all cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services. Even if you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, we want to help you explore whether it may still be possible for you to marry in your special church.
Where weddings are concerned, St Mary’s has always held a special place in people’s hearts, as can be seen in these photographs from our archives!